DBT is an evidence-based cognitive behavioral treatment that helps individuals who are biologically and environmentally predisposed to emotional vulnerability. Our Team has been intensively trained to administer DBT by the treatment’s original developers and most respected researchers and trainers.
DBT-BED has been adapted to address binge eating and purging as well as enhance treatment for binge eating and bulimia nervosa. Participants will develop skills to adaptively cope with urges to binge eat, reduce problem behaviors and break out of old patterns to be able to develop long-term change and reach personal goals that can be maintained over time.
This 20 week training consists of the following modules:
- Emotion Regulation
- Distress Tolerance
- Review and Relapse Prevention
Who may benefit:
- Those suffering with binge eating or emotional eating
- Those struggling with bulimia nervosa
- Those currently in individual therapy and have failed to make adequate progress
- Those recovering from gastric bypass surgery and struggling with post surgery weight gain
Individuals who are interested should call our office and set up an initial evaluation. 610-865-4300