This 16-week intensive training was created by Dr. Roger McFillin and is designed for clinicians who have begun learning cognitive behavior therapy through self study or workshops and are looking to increase their ability to apply CBT concepts and interventions in their current practice or training environment. The training is intensive and provides didactics, contemporary readings, updated research, role plays, phone coaching, consultation, and review of taped sessions to enhance the delivery of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for emotional disorders. A specific focus will be on the application of contemporary CBT to anxiety and mood disorders. Participants will learn how to apply cutting edge research on emotion regulation to an individualized case formulation. Topics Include:
- Structuring Treatment and Orienting Clients to Therapy
- Identification of Problem Behaviors and Contextual Variables w/ Behavior Analysis (Chains)
- Motivating Change w/ Core Validation and Commitment Strategies
- Early Homework Assignments, Collaborative Case Formulation & Treatment Planning
- Achieving Dialectical Balance between Acceptance and Change Strategies
- Optimizing Inhibitory Learning through Contemporary Exposure Interventions
- Research supported Emotion Regulation Skills and Clinical Application
- Identifying and Targeting Treatment Interfering Behavior
- Supporting Lasting Change and Relapse Prevention
- Ending Well and Termination of Treatment
Clinicians will also have the opportunity to continue training and receive consultation from Board Certified Behavioral and Cognitive Psychologists at Center for Integrated Behavioral Health once the intensive is complete.
Center for Integrated Behavioral Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors in Pennsylvania can receive continuing education from continuing education providers approved by the American Psychological Association. Since Center for Integrated Behavioral Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education, licensed social workers, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors will be able to fulfill their continuing education requirements by attending CIBH continuing education programs.